Autism Testing Pediatrics (ages 8-17)
Total cost of Pediatric autism testing without insurance is $1850. With insurance is $1200.
Includes letter confirming diagnoses and requests for accommodations.
Autism diagnostic testing includes full diagnostic testing for alternative or co-occurring diagnoses such as ADHD, Sensory Integration Disorder, OCD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, etc.
Insurance cannot be billed for initial psychological diagnostic testing. Insurance may be billed for subsequent follow up visits regarding treatment planning or medication management if Radical Healing is in network with the client’s insurance. Payment plans through AfterPay are available for testing and credit, HSA, and FSA cards are accepted. Testing may be billed at once or on a per visit basis.
Prior to visit:
- Client will submit any relevant records from the pediatrician, therapist, psychiatric provider, and psychological testing, particularly if the client has access to school psychological testing and/or records of IEP/504 plan..
- Client will sign release of information for current pediatrician, therapist, psychiatric provider, and school/daycare provider.
- Parent will complete the required diagnostic surveys prior to initial visit. This includes the vanderbilt and SCQ. A vanderbilt may be needed from the current teacher.
- Initial Visit- ADI-R- interview and information gathering visit with PARENT ONLY- 75 minutes (block 120 minutes in calendar) ($600)
- Additional surveys may be required after information has been collected in the initial interview. This may include assessments that need to be completed by the child and/or by the parents to assess development, anxiety, depression, and functional behaviors.
- All new diagnostic surveys and testing must be completed and submitted prior to the ADOS visit.
- Some clients will require IQ testing in order to qualify for the ADOS-2 exam. The IQ testing allows the provider to determine which ADOS-2 to administer. Outside psychological testing that includes IQ testing is acceptable for this. The school district is often obligated to provide this testing for children and most children seeking an autism evaluation has likely had educational psychological testing. If the provider needs to administer IQ testing, an additional 60 minute visit (75 minutes blocked on provider calendar) will be required prior to the ADOS-2 exam visit. The cost of this testing is $400 and is not covered by insurance.
- Initial visit with child- psychiatric interview (60 minutes, block 75 on calendar)($350)
- ADOS visit with Parent and Child- 75 minute visit (block 120 minutes on calendar). ($600)
- Treatment planning visit- Parent Only (unless child is a teen and would want to attend) 45 minute visit (block 60 minutes on calendar). ($300)
- In this visit, the provider will discuss the final diagnosis with the client. The client and the provider will discuss accommodations, therapies, medication options, and plans for ongoing care if needed and mutually agreed upon.
***Visit #3 and #5 may be billed to insurance if the provider is in network. This would reduce the out of pocket cost by $650***
Any follow up visits after the initial testing protocol will be determined by the treatment plan agreed upon between the provider and family. Some families may not need further follow up. Some families may choose to pursue medication management with Radical Healing or support with accommodations. All pediatric patients are required to have a follow up visit MONTHLY at a rate of $200/visit or otherwise determined by insurance.
If the family would like the provider's presence at an educational event/CSE meeting via zoom or telephone. This will be billed at the rate of $200 per 30 minutes.